Sunday, January 21, 2007

Gandhi Was anti-Zionist!

This article: here speaks about Gandhi and his relation to Zionism. Now my conservatism reflex is to vilify Gandhi for his pro-arab mentality. But then I thought about it more.

To be fair, this was 1938 in a non-globalized world speaking to a man in a 3rd world nation - so if he wasn't grasping the full extent of the soon-to-be Jewish annihilation, I don't know if I entirely blame him. After all, if the American Jews didn't really know what was going on, then why would Gandhi?

Furthermore, I don't entireley disagree with his theory that the Jews should have fought for their rights in Germany. As I've stated in numerous prior posts, I believe that if you never fight back and always get kicked around, how stunned can you be when they kick harder one day? The basic theory here is that, the sadness is not that Gandhi was against the British opening up Palestine to Jewish refugees, but rather that Jews needed Britain at all in the first place.

Around the world, every time we even utter the word "Mohammed" a Muslim man beheads 5 people and burns down a couple of [insert structure here]. Why? Because they don't fuck around. Now I'm not saying that the Jews should have been as drastic, but I have a feeling if they were, the holocaust never would have happened. Imagine if every time a stone was thrown through a Jewish stores' window, the community would wake up to find 5 Lutheran children hanging in the public square? You wanna fuck with those guys? I don't.

In a way, Gandhi was preaching what he did. He fought back. However he did it is irrelevant, but he believed in rights, and fought for them. The Jews believed they had and deeserved nothing, and thus had nothing to fight for. Now that I think about it, Gandhi, I see your vision - if you truly believe in your own dignity, then its worth fighting for. But no one will just hand it to you, not Britain, or Germany. Gandhi realized that and took his peoples dignity back. Why didn't we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but your premise is absurd. The Nazis came to power after more than a decade of vicious street battles with the Communists, who were far stronger than the German Jews could have ever hoped to be. "Hanging Lutheran children" in response to the early antisemitism of the Nazis would only have resulted in the death of every single German Jew, as opposed to the relatively large percentage who ended up escaping Germany before the war.

Jewish Destrudo said...

Chaim, I see your point but I respectfully disagree.

I mean look at the sympathy that Islamic Extremism has created? There is video footage of the Palestinians dancing in the streets on 9/11 and yet after that video was released, support for the Palestinians has only increased, and greatly I might add. Its also really difficult to compare communists to a religion, where one person in a houshold could be a communist but the rest are not. Whereas, everyone in the Jewish household is Jewish. Its specifically that type of homogeneity that allows a community to spark fear through violence. It also happens to be that specific trait that allows a community to successfully fight for their most basic of human rights. And no matter how you dice it, the Jews never cohesively did that.

I'm also trying to bring home the point that this is something the Jews should have been doing (ie standing up for themselves) since day one. NOT for the first time in 1938 like Jabotinsky tried to do. You just truly don't know. If Hitler knew the Jews were so tough, maybe he would have just kicked them all out instead of trying to kill them all and lose half his men attempting to do so. You never know. The point is, we were pussies that thrived on sympathy and guilt with a destrudo mindset and the way you make your bed is the way you lay in it. It seems to me that this is exactly what Gandhi was talking about and why I agree with him.